Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This post is an effort to help those of you visiting this blog get to know my dad (if you don't know him already). I had all these grand ideas about writing all my favorite stories of him and all the great things he does, which I will start to do, but in true English teacher fashion, I decided I would like this to be an assignment for all of you as well...

In the comments:
Please tell your favorite Sanford story, or a special memory you have of him, something he did to inspire you, or your favorite Sanford quote.

Don't worry about making it long. Short and sweet is just as welcome as long and detailed.

To start things off...

Here is something my dad told me as when I was 18 and getting ready to take my Young Women to girls camp:

"Have a wicked good time at camp. Remember you are shaping the future of these young ladies. Teach them to have FUN!"
                                              -Sanford Lewis

He inspired me and made me feel like I could make a difference. I ultimately decided I wanted to teach after working with those amazing girls.

Now it's your turn! Share something that you think shows who Sanford is :)

Peace and blessings everyone, and thank you in advance for your comments... ;)

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things is his facial expressions and the way he can tell a story. It can be the simplest story but he captures your curiosity and holds you in until you can't wait to hear what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sanf, taught me every summer at Bear Lake how to wake board. Every summer I would have to relearn because I didn't go unless with the Lewis family at Bear Lake! He always was patient in teaching me and circling that boat around at least 20 times before I could get up for a total of 10 seconds and then be done.

    He also taught me to always be on guard at all times, because you never know when he would karate attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanford taught me to watch my shoes at church because he likes to kick them off. I was also told that if I touched my belly button my arms and legs would fall off. Sanford let my sister live with his family when she had no where else to go and he's always been so much fun and so patient with everyone. He taught me how to get my lips around the whole rim of the cup and even catapulted brownies at my friends mouth once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Papa Lewis... Here are two of my favorites! One is when Abbie, yourself, and I used to have movie nights 5 times a week. Once he called and said he was worried about what we were doing, that we might be wreaking havoc on the town or something. We reassured him that watching Little Women and eating waffles was definitely a safe thing to be doing. :) Another is when your mom and he were my Ma and Pa on trek. One night they were serving some stew like dish that I thought was disgusting and was pretty sure contained meat I so didn't want to eat it. He convinced me not only to eat it, but that I liked it! Some crazy hypnotism or something. Hee hee! I miss your family!

    ReplyDelete